Safe Sanctuaries Training
SAFE SANCTUARIES TRAINING
Who Should Attend?
• Pastors and those serving local churches
• Church Staff
• Lay Persons responsible for nursery, children's ministry, youth ministry and ecumenical ministries
• Persons responsible for church sponsored daycare
• Anyone involved with VBS, Scouts or other groups sponsored by the local church
By attending the Safe Sanctuaries training...
• You will gain an understanding of the scope of child abuse
• You will understand the church’s comprehensive strategy against abuse
• You will learn how to draft and implement your local church policy
• You will learn how to recruit and screen workers with children
• You will get proven procedures for safe ministry with children and youth
• You’ll learn how to respond if abuse does occur
• You will learn about the Susquehanna Conference insurance policy regarding sexual abuse and molestation
DOCUMENTATION NEEDED FOR VBS VOLUNTEERS/LEADERS
You can find the procedures on the conference website: CLICK HERE.
SAFE SANCTUARIES ONLINE TRAINING - Once again employees & volunteers may go to the Conference Website and take the Safe Sanctuaries Online Training. The process will take you through Trak-1, but it's the Susquehanna Conference Training. To access the training - CLICK HERE. If you have questions, please contact the Conference Office at 717-766-7441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.